- 2 cups shelled pecan halves
- 1 egg white
- 1 teas vanilla
- 1 tabs water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- beat egg white, water & vanilla till mixed well
- add pecans and mix till pecans are well coated with the mixture
- add sugar and mix till all pecans covered with sugar
- place in a buttered pan in 300 degree oven.
- keep checking and stirring them with spatula every 5-10 minutes to keep from sticking and burning.
- once the coating looks dry about 45 minutes, place them in a dish to cool, and separate them by hand.
- Makes great christmas gifts when placed in a clear plastic bag, tied with a colorful ribbon.