September 12, 13, 14 // Black River Falls, Wi
Rain or Shine
The Chilluminati, in our 3rd year, present a 3 day open-air festival focusing on psychedelic music, art, and culture, all within the Earthdance concept. This is an official and registered Earthdance event.
Earthdance, the Global Dance Festival for Peace has grown to become the world’s largest simultaneous music and dance event. Founded in 1996, with 22 cities and 18 countries participating, Earthdance has grown to over 300 locations in 60 countries participating in 2007, with locations ranging from the club-lands of New York to the rainforests of Brazil. Every year, in alignment with the International Day of Peace, over 200,000 people unite in dance with hundreds of thousands more joining online in support of global peace and humanitarian aims.
The defining moment of each Earthdance event is a synchronized link-up, (6pm Central Time) when every event around the world plays a specially produced song called “The Prayer for Peace” at exactly the same time.
Earthdance has been described by the music industry as the “Dance Aid” for the new millennium. The aim of the event is to bring together global communities to create a synchronized global festival and dance event to help fund humanitarian causes and develop an environment of peace throughout the global community.
Earthdance is a non-political event and is organized by Earthdance International, a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization.
The Chilluminati is guided by:
- Psychedelic trance, chill and ambient are the music that we play. Music in itself is a transformative and psychedelic agent.
- Our events are more than music. They are multidimensional, multifaceted trance, visual, art and kinetic performance events. They are experiences.
- Our events are about transformation and becoming. Whatever your sense of spirituality is, you bring that to the gathering.
- At our events everyone takes responsibility for the gathering, others and themselves.
- Our events have an atmosphere and a vibe. The gathering is a field of energy that connects us. The gathering is a living being.
- Our events are about expressing yourself, being creative, being an individual.
- Our events are inclusive and open.
- Our events are both local and planetary; cultural diverse, reflective of the American Midwest, yet global.
- We respect local laws and customs.
- Our gathering is a gift which we all (organizers, artists, musicians and attendees) give to each other. This is not about money, commercialization and exploitation. This is not a product this is a community.